Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Happy Birthday Grandma Genny
Last Friday we got together to celebrate my Grandma Genny's birthday at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We have been doing this for awhile now and I always look forward to spending time with family. My uncle Charlie even flew in from Colorado, so all the siblings were there. We discovered that you can buy gallon tubs of spumoni ice cream, and my sister took one home with her.
We have become a pretty big group. This is only half the table.
We are always taking pictures...and more pictures.
I made my grandmas birthday cake.
I have been going to the Spaghetti Factory since I was a little girl. It's one of the few restaurants I remember as a child. My mom even tells a story about how I stood up in my highchair and yelled to the server to "bring the pa-sketti". My siblings and I used to pretend we were in Dracula's castle at the downtown location. I always order the same thing, salad with creamy pesto dressing and the managers special with meat sauce and mizithra cheese. I love the cheese, but it hurts my nose if I try to eat a whole plate. Spumoni for dessert.