Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our Thankful Tree

I borrowed this idea from my sister-in-law Katie. Two years ago while we were decorating gingerbread houses at her house, she had a thankful tree up in her kitchen. I had really good intentions to make a tree, but time got away from me. We ended up just sticking the leaves up on the fridge. At dinner we would each tell something we are thankful for. These are some of my favorites....

Tyson:
Going to Church
Cake
...that we went camping for a little while (the non-campfire in November)
Friends
Spongebob Go-Gurts
Cousin Grace
Space Mountain, The Matterhorn & Buzz Lightyear
Christmas
Mrs. Hawkins

Hayden:
Basketball
Ice cream
Football
Friends
Jesus
Rats
Fluffy (his rat)
School
Cousins
Mom and Dad
Dogs

Chad:
Hugs from my boys
Freedom
Modern Medicine (he wouldn't have a family without it)
The second amendment
Fly fishing
Modern Conveniences ( the day of the campfire)
Mexican Coke (Jana always brings him one from Kohlers)
A loving wife

Emily:
Being home while my boys are young
Eyes
The Mazda keeps running
My family
Target
A comfortable home
S'mores
Airplanes

This is definitely something I will do again next Thanksgiving.