
We have had a week of firsts. On Sunday I roasted my first turkey! I cut my finger on a bone inside the bird, but other than that it was pretty painless. I realized I was out of tinfoil to cover it and we were running out the door to get church, so I put it in the oven uncovered. Despite being uncovered, it came out nice and golden brown and most of the meat was moist. Not bad for a first try. I think I am going to try pie crust from scratch next.

We also played our first game of Monopoly as a family. It's one of my favorite games and I was curious to see how my little family would like it. It didn't go over too well. Hayden is a very competitive little boy and he had a hard time with parts of the game. He had numerous meltdowns along the way, complete with tears, screaming and stomping out of the room. Eventually we started charging him one dollar for every fit. Tyson did pretty good overall, his only real outburst was when we started trading properties. He doesn't like change and this really upset him. Ty did go on to win the game, with many tears from Hayden. Hopefully I can get Chad to play with us again...I enjoyed myself.

Tyson started wrestling this week. He has practice on Tuesday and Thursday for ninety minutes each day. On Tuesday we go to a place called Throwdown in Orem. I think it is an ultimate fighting training club. There was some pretty intense stuff going on nearby where Ty was practicing. I think he is really going to like it. He gets to use his "mean" face without being reprimanded.