Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oakley

I took this picture from my car window on the road up to the cabin. The light was amazing. It made the sky look even gloomier and the autumn leaves glow.
While the men were out contemplating which trees are going to need to be cut down soon, Ty found these sticks. He stuck them on his head and called them his horns. There have been three or four big bucks living under the deck of the cabin this summer, and the branches do look a lot like their big antlers.

Chad will never let an opportunity pass to use power tools.

I am strangely attached to this little general store in Oakley. It's the last place to stop and get supplies on the way to the cabin. It's small and crowded inside, but I absolutely love it. It's one of the few places that hasn't changed since I was a child. Before cell phones people would stop at Kens Kash and use the pay phone to call the cabin and have someone meet them at the gate. When I do start painting again, this will be one of the first things I paint. Complete with a white pick-up truck and a red suburban in the parking lot.