I got to go on both boys field trips. Ty went to Hogle Zoo and Hayden went to Camp Floyd. It was kind of drizzly the day we went to the zoo and most of the animals were pretty active. It is kind of nerve wracking to see the cougar prowling around, knowing that they live so close. The baby elephant is super cute. The three boys I took in my group loved climbing on the statues, I have a bunch more pictures just like this, with different animals.

Hayden's group went to Camp Floyd. I hadn't been out there since I was in grade school, and it was really neat. One of the volunteers was dressed up as a soldier and told the history of the fort. He did a really good, I learned a lot of interesting stuff. They had some fun activities for the kids. We went in an old school house and played pioneer games. They learned about the pony express and ran a relay race. The got to hand dip candles and participate in a musket drill. Overall, it was a great field trip. We might even take Ty back to check it out.

Hayden's group went to Camp Floyd. I hadn't been out there since I was in grade school, and it was really neat. One of the volunteers was dressed up as a soldier and told the history of the fort. He did a really good, I learned a lot of interesting stuff. They had some fun activities for the kids. We went in an old school house and played pioneer games. They learned about the pony express and ran a relay race. The got to hand dip candles and participate in a musket drill. Overall, it was a great field trip. We might even take Ty back to check it out.

